Saturday, February 27, 2010

3 days wearing spacers

Ok, so it's only been 3 days since I got my spacers. I was surprised that the spacers didn't hurt at all, so either I have a very good ortho or my teeth are just obedient. But I did have a huge problem. I found that my diet has to change a lot.I am not able to chew anything due to wearing this rubber separators, so I ended up eating porridge and drinking juice. It didn't work, I still felt hungry and bloated. After all, I'm that kind of person who eat a lot. I tried some other variety of meals:
1. Steamed fish
2. Pasta
3. Cooked vegetables
4. Steamed peanuts
5. Instant noodles
The best of all is instant noodle. It's still one of my favourites. Instant noodle with an egg perhaps the best thing I had for the past 3 days. This packet of instant noodles can beat $10 steamed fish I tried in a Chinese restaurant. Eating can be very tough when you cannot chew anything. It does start hurting to chew so I refrain from any food that needs chewing and I ended up eating less amount of food.
Another problem is the brackets. I felt weird wearing one but still managed to smile here and there. Overtime, the brackets started hurting my inside mouth; my dental wax is a life saver in this case. Fortunately, my work requires me to sit in front of computer 8 hours a day and most of the time I communicate with other colleagues via messenger so I don't need to speak a lot. Talking about colleagues, once I started wearing braces my colleagues started questioning my decision. They thought it's such an unnecessary thing to do.
I cannot talk about my problem with braces to just anyone, cause either they will get bored or they are just not interested at all. So, most of the time I will just say it doesn't hurt and everything is fine. But I do have a friend whom I know I can be wimpy to. I wrote him an email checking if he's back in Singapore already and he called me to check how are things going with me. The first time for the past 3 days I can actually spill out my feeling. It's good to have someone who has been there before and 100% supports your decision. That's an instant relief.

No comments: